- The sale of securities that have risen in price: there was active profit-taking among retail stocks a bout of profit-takingMore example sentences
- With the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq both enjoying healthy gains, even the troubled internet sector saw some profit-taking as technology stocks rose throughout Friday.
- Analysts said stop-loss selling that had aggravated the recent sell-off in blue-chip stocks was continuing, while profit-taking put a brake on recent gainers such as Sharp Corp.
- ‘A mix of profit-taking, seasonal timing and the proposed legislation to combat stamp duty saving schemes coming into force on July 23 is likely to have contributed to more deals,’ the report states.
More definitions of profit-takingDefinition of profit-taking in:
- The US English dictionary