- A small ball of soft, sweet choux pastry filled with cream and covered with chocolate sauce, served as a dessert.More example sentences
- Throwing my heart monitor out the window I plumped (no pun intended) for the dessert of fresh profiteroles served with butterscotch sauce.
- Desserts here have been a weak link, from a tough-crusted fruit tart to tough-skinned profiteroles to a too-goopy bread pudding.
- Nick opted for some vanilla ice, while I went for profiteroles served with a zabaglione and chocolate sauce.
French, diminutive of profit 'profit'.
More definitions of profiteroleDefinition of profiterole in:
- The US English dictionary