noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A rare syndrome in children characterized by physical symptoms suggestive of premature old age.More example sentences
- It is impossible to predict how soon our findings will translate into treatments for children suffering from progeria.
- Lerner and his colleagues studied genes in actively dividing cells from young, middle-aged and old patients, and those with progeria, another rare genetic disorder characterized by accelerated aging.
- He said about one patient with progeria is born each year in the United States.
early 20th century: modern Latin, from Greek progērōs 'prematurely old'.
More definitions of progeriaDefinition of progeria in:
- The US English dictionary