noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A steroid hormone released by the corpus luteum that stimulates the uterus to prepare for pregnancy.More example sentences
- You stick it on your skin and it releases two hormones - oestrogen and progesterone.
- During pregnancy, the amount of two female hormones, oestrogen and progesterone, increases.
- The ovaries also produce the female hormones, oestrogen and progesterone.
More definitions of progesteroneDefinition of progesterone in:
- The US English dictionary