- A natural or synthetic steroid hormone, such as progesterone, that maintains pregnancy and prevents further ovulation during pregnancy.More example sentences
- Unlike natural progesterone, synthetic progestogens are not metabolized into GABA-ergic neuroactive steroids.
- The combined oral contraceptive pill (which combines oestrogen with a progestogen - a synthetic form of progesterone) is effective at reducing bleeding and making bleeding more regular.
- It contains a slow-release store of a synthetic progestogen hormone and is repeated every 12 weeks for as long as needed.
More definitions of progestogenDefinition of progestogen in:
- The US English dictionary