Definition of programmatic in English:
1Of the nature of or according to a programme, schedule, or method: a programmatic approach to change
More example sentences
- Part III, Urbanising Landscape, discusses programmatic and other new approaches to significant public open space.
- The Commission used this new flexibility to develop its own regional priorities, and to introduce its own programmatic approach to regional assistance.
- The volume is programmatic in its approach to the status of CEBs.
2Of the nature of programme music: programmatic tone poems and operas
More example sentences
- Apart from the Faust music, his most remarkable work is the programmatic symphonic poem Macbeth.
- It is perhaps the most programmatic of Mahler's symphonies.
- The piece Wind is reminiscent of a programmatic étude, requiring finger fluency and agility to execute quick pentatonic scale passages in both hands.
- Example sentences
- New technological arts were first cultivated programmatically in the Christian monasteries, which were the seats of learning and which were instrumental in the foundation of our current educational system.
- The newspapers and TV channels claim to render reality visible, but in fact, they diffuse a version of reality in which some events and trends are projected, while others are programmatically edited away.
- At his best, Burke writes in a muscular prose that captures, vividly if programmatically, the ebb and flow of battle, the sheer luck of survival, and the complicated politics of the era.
Words that rhyme with programmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of programmatic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia