- Continuing for a long time or longer than usual; lengthy: the region suffered a prolonged droughtMore example sentences
- Drought is a prolonged, abnormally dry period when there is not enough water to meet normal or expected needs.
- These drugs can be continued under the supervision of your doctor for prolonged periods.
- There will be a prolonged recovery period because of the damage the lorry sustained and its precarious position.
More definitions of prolongedDefinition of prolonged in:
- The US English dictionary