Definition of promising in English:
Showing signs of future success: a promising film actor a promising start to the season
More example sentences
- For Zoe, her talent and her ability to think critically and freely has become her ticket to an adventurous, bright and promising future.
- While some will end up with a promising start to their future careers, others will have to live with the poor results they received in the National College Entrance Examination.
- Even though most parents realize that success in school can create a more promising future, they may underestimate their own potential to impact learning.
- Example sentences
- They began promisingly enough and twice eased in front in the early minutes, but they did no more than flatter to deceive and were a well beaten side long before the hour had run its course.
- This year started promisingly for Tony Labbozzetta.
- More to the point, why is it suddenly raining outside when I've just finished a load of washing that needs to dry and it was promisingly sunny and breezy an hour ago?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.