- 1A covered, typically heated container filled with earth or compost, used for germinating or raising seedlings.More example sentences
- I once lost a year's crop of tender seedlings inside propagators sitting on top of a paraffin heater inside a greenhouse which had been lined with extra insulation.
- Put the pots in a propagator or cover with polythene and keep on a cool windowsill out of direct sun.
- The seeds were in a row 40 mm from the base end of a sloping box held in racks contained in a plastic propagator.
- 2A person who spreads and promotes an idea, theory, etc..More example sentences
- He has never stood out as a propagator of ideas, nor did he excel in the art of debate.
- Such a caste system is precisely the condition that existed in England during the colonial period and from which propagators of official American ideology self-consciously attempt to distance themselves.
- Finally, there are admirers of Mises, faithful disciples and propagators of his teaching.
More definitions of propagatorDefinition of propagator in:
- The US English dictionary