noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein present in the blood, involved in the body’s response to certain kinds of infection.More example sentences
- It has developed proprietary monoclonal antibodies to properdin that are potent in vitro and in vivo inhibitors of the complement alternative pathway.
- Complement properdin increased by 21 percent compared to the placebo group.
- In addition to evaluating the levels of complement properdin, measurement of other components of the complement system may provide more conclusive evidence on complement system activation.
More definitions of properdinDefinition of properdin in:
- The US English dictionary