- A salt or ester of propionic acid.More example sentences
- Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides from psyllium seed results in the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate, propionate, and butyrate in the intestines.
- In contrast, such carbon sources as malate, propionate, and citrate did not activate germination.
- Calcium propionate is added to foods to inhibit mold growth.
More definitions of propionateDefinition of propionate in:
- The US English dictionary