noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound chemically related to methadone, used as a mild narcotic analgesic.More example sentences
- Drugs for which subjects were tested included cocaine, opiates, marijuana, phencyclidine, benzodiazepines, methaqualone, methadone, propoxyphene, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- Other analgesics to avoid for older adult patients are propoxyphene and pentazocine.
- Opioids that should be avoided because of low efficacy and high side effect burden include meperidine, codeine, and propoxyphene.
More definitions of propoxypheneDefinition of propoxyphene in:
- The US English dictionary