(also proprietary term)
- A name of a product or service registered by its owner as a trademark and not usable by others without permission.More example sentences
- I'm not advising anybody to break the law, or to violate trademarks or service marks or proprietary names or anything like that.
- Those drugs have been and are sold in many countries under proprietary names which are registered as trade marks.
- Trying to attach a proprietary name to a non-proprietary product is always fun.
More definitions of proprietary nameDefinition of proprietary name in:
- The US English dictionary