Definition of proprietor in English:
The owner of a business, or a holder of property: Chinese restaurant proprietors by 1640 he was himself the proprietor of a three-hundred-acre tract
More example sentences
- Its proprietors have managed to fashion a sow's ear out of a silk purse.
- Each year, thousands of sole proprietors double the size of their businesses by hiring their first employee.
- If her bid stands, she could become the sole proprietor of the hotel.
- Example sentences
- Although California imposes strict limitations on when a trust may own stock or a partnership interest in an accountancy firm, these limitations do not apply to ownership of a sole proprietorship.
- Choose the right business entity: Many new entrepreneurs choose sole proprietorship because it's easy to set up, yet it offers little protection from lawsuits.
- Many small businesses start their businesses as sole proprietorships or partnerships.
Words that rhyme with proprietorrioter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan