Behaving as if one owned a particular thing or person; possessive: Louis draped his arm across her shoulders in a proprietorial way
More example sentences
- It's a caper through London's East End in the company of four blokes with a proprietorial interest in a boozer, which acts as the control centre for their dodgy enterprises.
- Road rage is a telling example; that's just people becoming proprietorial about something they should share.
- It has been free from proprietorial interference for nearly 10 years now.
- More example sentences
- It will be strange not to find him standing proprietorially amid the young revellers in the Pleasance courtyard, calling you over for a drink and bending your ear on some matter of Fringe politics.
- As he proprietorially slaps her buttocks he is saying words she can't make out.
- Michelle was there too, holding his arm proprietorially.
Definition of proprietorial in:
- The US English dictionary