Definition of proprietorial in English:
Behaving as if one owned a particular thing or person; possessive: Louis draped his arm across her shoulders in a proprietorial way
More example sentences
- It's a caper through London's East End in the company of four blokes with a proprietorial interest in a boozer, which acts as the control centre for their dodgy enterprises.
- Road rage is a telling example; that's just people becoming proprietorial about something they should share.
- It has been free from proprietorial interference for nearly 10 years now.
- Example sentences
- It will be strange not to find him standing proprietorially amid the young revellers in the Pleasance courtyard, calling you over for a drink and bending your ear on some matter of Fringe politics.
- As he proprietorially slaps her buttocks he is saying words she can't make out.
- Michelle was there too, holding his arm proprietorially.
Words that rhyme with proprietorialaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, rectorial, reportorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
Definition of proprietorial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.