- Relating to stimuli that are produced and perceived within an organism, especially those connected with the position and movement of the body. Compare with exteroceptive and interoceptive.More example sentences
- These exercise drills are designed to maximally challenge the scapulothoracic muscle force couples and to stimulate the proprioceptive and kinesthetic awareness of the scapula.
- It may also be the site of projection of proprioceptive afferents from the respiratory muscles and chest wall.
- So, in this process they become conditioned to the kinesthetic and proprioceptive receptor inputs.
early 20th century: from Latin proprius 'own' + receptive.
More definitions of proprioceptiveDefinition of proprioceptive in:
- The US English dictionary