Definition of prose poem in English:
A piece of imaginative poetic writing in prose.
- For Stephane Mallarme, the prose poem afforded a pretext to digress or pursue a detour; La Pipe is a fine pre-Proustian exploration of the involuntary memory.
- I remember being particularly influenced by e. e. cummings, by Kenneth Patchen, and by a Baudelaire prose poem I translated.
- The prose poem as surreal fable seemed a compelling option.
prose poetry noun
- Example sentences
- These final observations recall Eliot's claim for prose poetry - that it is a difficult but rewarding form if the attentive reader persists.
- I would say that the level of craft is high throughout, whether it be in visually acute poetry, prose poetry, or rhythmically intense verse.
- Not only does the work fall prey to purple prose and bad prose poetry on more than a few occasions, there are other moments when the work is just too mannered.
Definition of prose poem in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan