noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound of the prostaglandin type produced in arterial walls, which functions as an anticoagulant and vasodilator.More example sentences
- Other common therapies including anticoagulant treatment and prostacyclin have been used.
- The endothelium produces several regulatory mediators, including nitric oxide and prostacyclin, which are vasodilators, and endothelin, which is a vasoconstrictor.
- Aspirin also reduces endothelial cell production of prostacyclin, an inhibitor of platelet aggregation and a vasodilator.
More definitions of prostacyclinDefinition of prostacyclin in:
- The US English dictionary