noun (plural prostatectomies)
- A surgical operation to remove all or part of the prostate gland: he’s had his prostatectomy [mass noun]: some centres advocate radical prostatectomy for early cancerMore example sentences
- Systems have been cleared for use in general laparoscopic surgery, thoracoscopic surgery, laparoscopic radical prostatectomies, and thoracoscopically assisted cardiotomy procedures.
- Many operations like radical prostatectomies or radical mastectomies rob patients of their dignity and their quality of life.
- No more breast biopsies, bowel resections, hysterectomies, or radical retropubic prostatectomies due to cancer.
More definitions of prostatectomyDefinition of prostatectomy in:
- The US English dictionary