noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the prostate gland.More example sentences
- However, a high PSA score does not always indicate cancer and can be caused by other prostate diseases such as benign prostatic hypertrophy or prostatitis (inflamed prostate).
- Infection is the most common cause of dysuria and presents as cystitis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, or urethritis, depending on the area of the urogenital tract that is most affected.
- Bacterial prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland.
More definitions of prostatitisDefinition of prostatitis in:
- The US English dictionary