Definition of prosthodontics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of dentistry concerned with the design, manufacture, and fitting of artificial replacements for teeth and other parts of the mouth.
- Stating this here today, he said it would be started in the area of oral surgery, orthodontics, prosthodontics, and periodontics and conservation dentistry.
- Restorative dentistry also includes endodontics (treating the pulps or root canals of teeth) and prosthodontics.
- The College of Dentistry's prosthodontics department has monitored patients with overdentures since 1973 and has followed over 350 patients who are using them.
1940s: from prosthesis, on the pattern of orthodontics.
- Example sentences
- With a maxillofacial prosthodontist he helped restore her former beauty.
- Specialising as a prosthodontist, he maintains his clinical currency and credibility with a regular clinic.
Definition of prosthodontics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan