noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of dentistry concerned with the design, manufacture, and fitting of artificial replacements for teeth and other parts of the mouth.More example sentences
- Stating this here today, he said it would be started in the area of oral surgery, orthodontics, prosthodontics, and periodontics and conservation dentistry.
- Restorative dentistry also includes endodontics (treating the pulps or root canals of teeth) and prosthodontics.
- The College of Dentistry's prosthodontics department has monitored patients with overdentures since 1973 and has followed over 350 patients who are using them.
- More example sentences
- With a maxillofacial prosthodontist he helped restore her former beauty.
- Specialising as a prosthodontist, he maintains his clinical currency and credibility with a regular clinic.
1940s: from prosthesis, on the pattern of orthodontics.
More definitions of prosthodonticsDefinition of prosthodontics in:
- The US English dictionary