noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The presence of abnormal quantities of protein in the urine, which may indicate damage to the kidneys.More example sentences
- Diabetic patients with proteinuria or abnormal creatinine clearance have a greater risk of developing acute renal failure.
- In addition to proteinuria, markers of damage to the kidneys include abnormalities in the urinary sediment and abnormal findings on imaging studies.
- The patient described in this case study presented with hematuria, proteinuria, and elevated blood pressure.
More definitions of proteinuriaDefinition of proteinuria in:
- The US English dictionary