noun[treated as singular] Biology
- The study of proteomes and their functions.More example sentences
- For future studies, whether using microarrays, proteomics or genetics, I believe it is essential that this requirement is met and it is now the time to develop large-scale annotation programmes.
- The sequencing of the human genome, along with other advances in the fields of molecular biology, genomics and proteomics, is leading to the discovery of large numbers of genes and proteins.
- However, the clear rewards in using genomics and proteomics include the development of biomarkers, faster investigation of mechanisms of toxicity and screening of novel compounds.
- More example sentences
- The group considered that it would be essential to establish the reproducibility of any proposed proteomic biomarker technique and to compare sensitivity and specificity with existing methods before concluding on suitability.
- This analysis may be used to direct efforts to continue to optimize the survey platform in order to generate the highest value in identifying biomarkers using a quantitative proteomic approach.
- To this end we carried out proteomic analysis with a recombinant B. megaterium strain.
More definitions of proteomicsDefinition of proteomics in:
- The US English dictionary