Definition of protohuman in English:
A hypothetical prehistoric primate, resembling humans and thought to be their ancestor, whose profile has been compiled mainly from fossil evidence.
- Fossils found in East Africa suggest that protohumans roamed the area more than 20 million years ago.
- To them, those skulls portray a group of protohumans whose survival depended on withstanding terrible blows to the head.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting a protohuman: protohuman hominids this primitive hunter-gatherer society was certainly protohuman
More example sentences
- During the quadrupedal phase of our evolution, protohuman males copulated protohuman females from behind.
- In giving an account of the evolution of music, he traces its origin to mimicry in behaviour and vocalisation of animals in the protohuman environment, with the subsequent selection on the social coordination of musical abilities.
- I mean, they're human or protohuman or whatever.
Definition of protohuman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.