- Denoting a dish cooked in a sauce made with tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil: chicken provençaleMore example sentences
- The main courses on the table d' hôte usually include two or three pastas, and a handful of meat dishes like chicken, veal, sole provençale, or Italian sausages in a cacciatore sauce.
- Our host was accommodating, however, and we delved into a lovingly prepared goat's cheese and provençale vegetable tortilla drizzled with green and red pesto sauce.
- By the time the smoked salmon with sour cream, caviar and potato blini had passed, followed by the lobster bisque, with an outstanding savoury pie of seared tuna and provençale vegetables bringing up the rear, I was stuffed.
from French à la provençale 'in the Provençal style'.
More definitions of provençaleDefinition of provençale in:
- The US English dictionary