Definition of provident in English:
Making or indicative of timely preparation for the future: she had learned to be provident
More example sentences
- Yet, as Smiles observed, ‘No laws, however stringent, can make the idle industrious, the thriftless provident, or the drunken sober.’
- Belladonna, I do not think it is prudent or provident to turn down this offer.
- I allowed myself to plan out my life and didn't let provident direction guide my life.
- Example sentences
- He proposed that, with respect to human evolutionary development, ‘what Nature does blindly, slowly and ruthlessly ‘- through natural selection - ‘man may do providently, quickly and kindly ‘- through controlled breeding.’
- Living providently, he reached ninety years of age.