- 1A person or thing that provides something: a leading provider of personal financial servicesMore example sentences
- Reuters, a leading provider of financial news, has been hit hard by last year's downturn in global financial markets.
- Metrobank is the leading provider of trade finance in the country.
- Junior Achievement Ireland is the leading provider of enterprise education to young people in Ireland.
- 1.1A person who earns money to support their family: he didn’t like the thought of Dad being the sole provider for the family againMore example sentences
- Dad was a very hard worker and a great provider for the family, and had a very sensitive and giving heart.
- The result of these endeavours was that by the time I left school at the age of 15, I was already the family's main provider.
- They resonated with me because I recognize his feelings as a father and provider for his family.