1Subject to a proviso; conditional.
- The Company also was loaned $409000 from IIBI in the form of a provisory note to cover the Company's short-term cash flow needs.
- The provisory decree (medida provisoria) creating the public broadcasting system must be approved by Congress before becoming law.
- Tents and wooden structures, an entire provisory village, surrounded the outskirts of the open height of the central site.
- Due to the fact that the reorganisation of dioceses in the East had been considered since 1945 as a provisory structure, the Catholic Church envisaged from 1990 a new diocesan map, which would not concern itself exclusively with the East.
- The cold and warm vessel are leak tested using provisory covers.
Words that rhyme with provisoryadvisory, revisory, supervisory
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pro|vi¦sory
Definition of provisory in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.