Definition of provisory in English:
1Subject to a proviso; conditional.
- The Company also was loaned $409000 from IIBI in the form of a provisory note to cover the Company's short-term cash flow needs.
- The provisory decree (medida provisoria) creating the public broadcasting system must be approved by Congress before becoming law.
- Tents and wooden structures, an entire provisory village, surrounded the outskirts of the open height of the central site.
- Due to the fact that the reorganisation of dioceses in the East had been considered since 1945 as a provisory structure, the Catholic Church envisaged from 1990 a new diocesan map, which would not concern itself exclusively with the East.
- The cold and warm vessel are leak tested using provisory covers.
Definition of provisory in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India