- A substance which is converted into a vitamin within an organism.More example sentences
- Beta carotene, a provitamin found in plants and their pigments, is a benign source of vitamin A and is an antioxidant with possible anticarcinogenic properties.
- The study supports the recommendation of a safe limit to the amount of vitamin A intake for women and confirms that toxicity is not a concern with provitamins such as beta-carotene.
- However, the Inuit population infrequently consumes vegetables in general, including certain yellow and green ones that contain provitamin A carotene.
More definitions of provitaminDefinition of provitamin in:
- The US English dictionary