- An Italian soft smoked cheese made from cow’s milk and having a mellow flavour.More example sentences
- Sums and foreign languages have never really been Elsie's thing, but even I know that a quattro formaggi pizza should have four cheeses and that mozzarella, cheddar, mascarpone, Parmesan and provolone are all cheeses and add up to five.
- This means that customers know what they're buying, and come back for more of their gorgonzola, provolone, smoked mozzarella, fat-free roccata, low-fat Parmesan and many others.
- Make a mixture of softened cream cheese, mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, minced garlic and bit of fresh basil.
Italian, from provola 'buffalo's milk cheese'.
More definitions of provoloneDefinition of provolone in:
- The US English dictionary