noun (plural pseudopodia /-dɪə/)Biology
- A temporary protrusion of the surface of an amoeboid cell for movement and feeding.More example sentences
- After application of fluid shear many cells projected pseudopodia and spread on the glass surface.
- After the restructuring of the collagen fibrils into a cone, the cells partially retract their pseudopodia and move back, and the cone of collagen fibers is pulled toward the MTS.
- Of the 10 cells that actively projected pseudopodia during the longest shear application of 20 min at 2 dyn/cm 2, only one became round while exposed to shear stress.
More definitions of pseudopodiumDefinition of pseudopodium in:
- The US English dictionary