(Of a number, a sequence of numbers, or any digital data) satisfying one or more statistical tests for randomness but produced by a definite mathematical procedure: most computers have built-in functions which will generate sequences of pseudorandom numbers pseudorandom noise
More example sentences
- Such sequences of pseudorandom numbers play crucial roles not only in computer games but also in simulations of physical processes.
- Cryptanalysts have analyzed many systems by breaking the pseudorandom number generators used to supply cryptographic keys.
- Each bird was tested under the various lights in a pseudorandom sequence.
- More example sentences
- To explore the properties of the statistics c and’ c, pseudorandomly generated coding sequences were generated for various lengths and nucleotide compositions.
- The participants were pseudorandomly assigned to one experimental group and three control conditions, each with 12 participants.
- Aside from the constraints just described, trial type varied pseudorandomly within each of the three blocks.
Definition of pseudorandom in:
- The US English dictionary