Definition of psychiatric in English:
Relating to mental illness or its treatment: a psychiatric disorder
More example sentences
- It emerged that Sharpe had a history of mental instability and had had psychiatric treatment.
- He was currently unemployable and had received psychiatric treatment for depression.
- His injuries have forced him to take early retirement and he now receives psychiatric treatment.
- Example sentences
- The problem is how to get the psychiatrically ill person to see the psychiatrist.
- There have been no studies examining treatment responses in psychiatrically ill Ecstasy users, and the risks of using psychiatric medications in these patients are unknown.
- Our colleagues may not be identifying their psychiatrically ill patients in their practice as they ought to, because when they do, they have no place to send them.
Definition of psychiatric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan