noun[mass noun] • informal , • derogatory
- Jargon used in popular psychology: the writing is clear and unfussy, blessedly free of psychobabbleMore example sentences
- Is this self-indulgent psychobabble or legitimate therapy?
- Unfortunately, in this reviewer's estimation, it is a flawed one: an attempted blend of evolutionary theory as the basis for psychology and implausible Freudian psychobabble.
- The author aims to provide readers with a ‘profound psychological insight’ into the life of Bill Clinton but ends up spouting Freudian psychobabble.
More definitions of psychobabbleDefinition of psychobabble in:
- The US English dictionary