Definition of psychologize in English:
1Analyse or regard in psychological terms.
- Too frequently, Stevenson's doubled scenes, his disjunctive narratives, even his fascination with and sophisticated representations of cultural difference have been merely psychologized.
- Goldstein's earlier novels psychologized time, foregrounding the present and explaining it by the past.
- At its fiercest moments of theatricalization, the maternal is not a mere foil for psychologizing or romanticizing childhood.
1.1 [no object] Theorize or speculate concerning psychology.
- How do dreams appear to people who, lacking the explanatory and theoretical machinery of modern psychology and neuroscience, cannot psychologize them?
- In it, Bonfil blasted conventional applied anthropologists for psychologizing poverty and blaming its victims, for recommending insignificant solutions to structural problems, and for pathologizing revolutionary change.
Definition of psychologize in:
- US English dictionary