1Analyse or regard in psychological terms.
- Too frequently, Stevenson's doubled scenes, his disjunctive narratives, even his fascination with and sophisticated representations of cultural difference have been merely psychologized.
- Goldstein's earlier novels psychologized time, foregrounding the present and explaining it by the past.
- At its fiercest moments of theatricalization, the maternal is not a mere foil for psychologizing or romanticizing childhood.
1.1 [no object] Theorize or speculate concerning psychology.
- How do dreams appear to people who, lacking the explanatory and theoretical machinery of modern psychology and neuroscience, cannot psychologize them?
- In it, Bonfil blasted conventional applied anthropologists for psychologizing poverty and blaming its victims, for recommending insignificant solutions to structural problems, and for pathologizing revolutionary change.
Words that rhyme with psychologizeanthologize, mythologize, tautologize, theologize
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: psych|olo¦gize
Definition of psychologize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.