Of or involving the psychological aspects of the sexual impulse: psychosexual development psychosexual problems
More example sentences
- Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.
- The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.
- The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.
- Example sentences
- Dr. Money believed that infants were born psychosexually tabula rasa, their gender identity something they gained later from their parents and society.
- "As a result, many dysfunctional and psychosexually immature men were admitted into seminaries and ordained in the priesthood."
- Few teen males are close enough to their parents or to other male friends to be able to open up about what is happening to them psychosexually.
Words that rhyme with psychosexualasexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual, sexual, transsexual, unisexual
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: psy¦cho|sex¦ual
Definition of psychosexual in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.