- A hygrometer consisting of wet-bulb and dry-bulb thermometers, the difference in the two thermometer readings being used to determine atmospheric humidity.More example sentences
- Late in the dry season, soil water potential was measured in the interspaces, and beneath the projected canopies of D. articulata and Maytenus boaria, with dewpoint-mode thermocouple psychrometers.
- Two fresh leaf discs were punched from the centre of each blade, and the water potential of the discs was measured using a thermocouple psychrometer (Wescor, Logan, UT, USA).
- Room temperature and air humidity were recorded with an Assman psychrometer.
early 18th century: from Greek psukhros 'cold' + -meter.
More definitions of psychrometerDefinition of psychrometer in:
- The US English dictionary