- A large tailless pterosaur of the Cretaceous period, with a long toothless beak, a long bony crest, and a wingspan of up to 7 m.
More example sentences
- Genus Pteranodon, family Pteranodontidae, order Pterosauria
- The breast-bone of Pteranodon was relatively small, restricting the size of flight muscles, so presumably they would have spent a lot of time gliding and soaring.
- Pteranodon was not a Dinosaur, but an extinct kind of flying reptile, or Pterosaur that lived during the late Cretaceous, from 90 to 65 million years ago.
modern Latin, from Greek pteron 'wing' + an- 'without' + odous, odont- 'tooth'.
More definitions of pteranodonDefinition of pteranodon in:
- The US English dictionary