- A law that affects the public as a whole.More example sentences
- US courts invoke the act-of-state doctrine, whereby their courts will not inquire into the validity of public acts, such as moratoria or freeze orders, of a recognized foreign power having effect within its own territory.
- That Clause says, in effect, that states must give effect to each other's public acts, records, and judicial proceedings.
- Lines of police, trucks, and tear gas tanks patrolled the streets to impose Argentina's constitutional law banning public acts during pre-election night and on election day.
More definitions of public actDefinition of public act in:
- The US English dictionary