- (In the UK) the right of authors to receive payment when their books or other works are lent out by public libraries.More example sentences
- I can't say that it was a bestseller, but it was bought by quite a few public libraries, and the public lending right payments show that it is being read.
- I know that the books are read, because I receive income from the public lending right scheme.
- This novel has tremendous narrative grip and has commanded a readership second only to Watership Down in the public lending right figures.
More definitions of public lending rightDefinition of public lending right in:
- The US English dictionary