Definition of public policy in English:
1The principles, often unwritten, on which social laws are based.
- The idea of the public interest used to mean matters of public policy or issues of social importance.
- What does this picture of the impacts across social class mean for public policy?
- That discretion, however, must be exercised according to some important principles of public policy.
2 Law The principle that injury to the public good is a basis for denying the legality of a contract or other transaction.
- All their Lordships denied that public policy had a role in the decision.
- The Court came to the conclusion that it would be contrary to public policy to register that judgment because there was a denial of a fair trial.
- What is the overlap between contracts which break the law and those which are contrary to public policy?
Definition of public policy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan