(North American public transportation)
- Buses, trains, and other forms of transport that are available to the public, charge set fares, and run on fixed routes: a scheme to improve public transport when travelling on public transport, keep your laptop with you at all timesMore example sentences
- The answer for Swindon is to reduce the cost of bus fares to make public transport more attractive.
- Go by bus, train or other mass public transportation whenever possible.
- No public transportation is available that could take her all the way to work.
More definitions of public transportDefinition of public transport in:
- The US English dictionary