- An organization supplying the community with electricity, gas, water, or sewerage.More example sentences
- Health care provision and other public utilities such as water and electricity have been cut or privatised.
- If this is the case, why don't public utilities vary water rates with supplies?
- Just weeks after the corporate flag had been raised over what had been a public utility, water rates were hiked up massively.
More definitions of public utilityDefinition of public utility in:
- The US English dictionary