Definition of publisher in English:
1 (also publishers) A company or person that prepares and issues books, journals, or music for sale: the publishers of Vogue a commercial music publisher
More example sentences
- From the sale of music the publisher will pay the composer a royalty.
- The artists were needed to create the music, the publishers to distribute and market it.
- Such practices should only be attempted by experienced journalists and desperate music publishers.
1.1chiefly North American A newspaper proprietor.
- Both the advertiser and the publisher of the newspaper or other medium will be guilty of the offence.
- They invited various publishers, including the managing director of News Corp, to bid for them.
- There is no in-frame linking, and each news headline includes the publisher's name.
Words that rhyme with publisherskirmisher • replenisher
Definition of publisher in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.