Definition of publisher in English:
1 (also publishers) A company or person that prepares and issues books, journals, or music for sale: the publishers of Vogue a commercial music publisher
More example sentences
- From the sale of music the publisher will pay the composer a royalty.
- The artists were needed to create the music, the publishers to distribute and market it.
- Such practices should only be attempted by experienced journalists and desperate music publishers.
1.1chiefly North American A newspaper proprietor.
- Both the advertiser and the publisher of the newspaper or other medium will be guilty of the offence.
- They invited various publishers, including the managing director of News Corp, to bid for them.
- There is no in-frame linking, and each news headline includes the publisher's name.
Definition of publisher in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan