noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A small light aeroplane which is fast and manoeuvrable and used for short trips.More example sentences
- A scant decade ago, a sales visit to Wal-Mart likely entailed flying a puddle jumper into the college town of Fayetteville, renting a car, then snaking along the old U.S. 71 through the Ozarks until you hit Bentonville.
- We were delayed yesterday in Chicago because of the weather, and it wasn't fun taking a little puddle jumper prop plane to Grand Rapids with storm systems all around.
- I flew in from London on Wednesday night, crashed in Boston (as in slept, not as in assume emergency landing positions) and then took the first Cape Air puddle jumper over to Ptown.
More definitions of puddle jumperDefinition of puddle jumper in:
- The US English dictionary