- A stocky large-headed bird somewhat resembling a kingfisher, found in tropical American forests.
More example sentences
- Family Bucconidae: several genera and many species
- One of our first birds of the trip was Double-banded Puffbird.
- There are approximately 30 species of puffbird. They have stout bodies, solid bills and soft, fluffy plumage. In most species of puffbird the plumage is mottled brown or grey.
More definitions of puffbirdDefinition of puffbird in:
- The US English dictionary