noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- Exaggerated or false praise: his puffery actually was not far from the truthMore example sentences
- There has always been a fine line between legitimate puffery and misleading advertising.
- Savvy readers soon learn to discount this overt puffery.
- Overall, though, despite the blizzard of facts and figures, both candidates generally limited themselves to modest exaggerations and standard issue political puffery.
More definitions of pufferyDefinition of puffery in:
- The US English dictionary