Definition of pug nose in English:
A short nose with an upturned tip.
- Her eyes were small and brightly anxious, threaded with fine filaments of blood, and her aquiline nose was now a pug nose in which broken capillaries glowed with a sullen heat.
- He was kind of short, with a pug nose and big, dark, winking eyes.
- He looked vaguely tomboyish, with short curly hair, a pug nose, and a rather frazzled expression.
- Example sentences
- Why would a pug-nosed Socrates be ‘disturbing’?
- Others include Rahonavis, a bird with a raptorlike sickle claw; the previously mentioned Majungatholus, a large theropod with a dome atop its head; and Simosuchus, a pug-nosed, possibly vegetarian crocodile.
- The massive masculine pug-nosed detective quickly charged in front of Mr. Johnson, and pulled the teacher up by the collar with both of his strong hands.
Definition of pug nose in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan