noun (plural same)
- The basic monetary unit of Botswana, equal to 100 thebe.More example sentences
- More than four-fifths of it is made up of the Kalahari desert, and little grows in a land where water is so scarce its monetary unit is the pula - the Setswana word for ‘rain’.
- The dollar this week made up ground on the Zimbabwe dollar, the Romanian leu, and Botswana pula.
- Botswana was offering a Harvard-trained scientist who had developed a drinking problem and could no longer be relied upon to keep quiet about the real reason of the pula's strength.
Setswana, literally 'rain'.
More definitions of pulaDefinition of pula in:
- The US English dictionary