- 1(Of a vehicle) come to a halt: he pulled up outside the cottageMore example sentences
- If I remember correctly, it was the sound of the ice-cream van pulling up outside my house.
- She was gobsmacked when the limo pulled up outside her home in Tattershall, Toothill.
- When a police vehicle pulls up youngsters hide in the bushes.
- 2Increase the altitude of an aircraft.More example sentences
- The airplane nicely recovered by smoothly pulling up to level flight.
- Pull up in a high sharp wing-over and then dive on your enemy.
- So low in fact, that the pilots had to pull up slightly to get the plane on the runway!
More definitions of pull upDefinition of pull up in:
- The US English dictionary