1(Of a vehicle) come to a halt: he pulled up outside the cottage
More example sentences
- If I remember correctly, it was the sound of the ice-cream van pulling up outside my house.
- She was gobsmacked when the limo pulled up outside her home in Tattershall, Toothill.
- When a police vehicle pulls up youngsters hide in the bushes.
1An exercise involving raising oneself with one’s arms by pulling up against a horizontal bar fixed above one’s head.
- Add variety to your workout with other great back exercises including pull-ups, chin-ups, machine rows, lat pull-downs and pullovers.
- If you're strong on this movement, perform it after pull-ups and heavy rowing exercises.
- For instance, a good time to train your grip strength is after pull-ups or other back exercises.
Words that rhyme with pull-upwarm-up • clean-up • pin-up
Definition of pull up in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan